For non-life threatening situations get immediate help with minor illnesses and injuries:

Alternatively you can find your local Minor Injuries Unit:

Or you can drop in to your local Urgent Care Centre:

Find a local minor injuries unit

Find a local urgent care centre

Speak to someone now or when we are closed - call 111

111 is the NHS non-emergency number. It’s fast, easy and free. Call 111 and speak to a highly trained adviser, supported by healthcare professionals. They will ask you a series of questions to assess your symptoms and immediately direct you to the best medical care for you.

NHS 111 is available 24 hours a day, 365 days a year. Calls are free from landlines and mobile phones.

You can also access 111 online here:

In a life-threatening emergency always call 999 if someone is seriously ill or injured, and their life is at risk.

Examples of medical emergencies include (but are not limited to):

chest pain

difficulty in breathing


severe loss of blood

severe burns or scalds


fitting or concussion


severe allergic reactions.

Please consider using one of the alternatives above before visiting A&E.

When to go to A&E (Accident and Emergency)

An A&E department (also known as emergency department or casualty) deals with genuine life-threatening emergencies, such as:

loss of consciousness

acute confused state and fits that are not stopping

persistent, severe chest pain

breathing difficulties

severe bleeding that cannot be stopped

severe allergic reactions

severe burns or scalds

Dental Emergencies

You should see your dentist for regular check ups; also, there is an out-of-hours emergency dental service available to you once you have registered. Click on this link for details of the Nottingham Emergency Dental Service. Dental problems should be treated by dentists, not by doctors. Dentists can prescribe antibiotics and painkillers just as doctors do. People not registered with a dentist or just visiting locally can consult any dentist for advice. If you have difficulty finding a dentist please click on this link. If you or your child has a tooth knocked out, carefully pick up the tooth but do not attempt to wash or clean it. Put it straight into a little cold milk and take it with the patient to the dentist.


Click on one of the below for advice from NHS Choices.




Insect stings



Burns and scalds

Cuts and grazes

Blocked nose

Back pain

Animal bites

Minor head injury

What can a pharmacy help with?

Find a local pharmacy

Pharmacists can also advise on minor illnesses and injuries.

Did you know that the Urgent Care Centre on London Road has X-ray facilities? 

NHS 111 online

The Valley Surgery

0115 9430530

Chilwell Meadows Surgery

0115 9462767

Surgery Reception is open Monday - Friday

8:00am to 6.30pm

Click here for more details

The Valley Surgery

81 Bramcote Lane


Nottingham NG9 4ET

0115 9430530

We are now registered as a Park Run Practice.  Information on our local weekly events and how to register can be found on the website below.  We hope to see you there taking part! http://www.parkrun.org.uk/beeston/

Chilwell Meadows Surgery

Ranson Road


Nottingham NG9 6DX

0115 9462767

Find our practice boundary here

Chilwell Valley and Meadows Practice

Military Veterans

Research Site Initiative scheme

Level 4

Practice information Send us a message Patient feedback How to make an appointment How do I join? Latest newsletter Practice leaflet How to get involved Information for carers Information for military veterans Information on mental health Information for migrants Information for young people Info. for people with diabetes Update your contact details Research